My first Elecraft rig was the K2,  I then bought what has become my base
station; a fully loaded KX3, KXPA 100 and PX3.

 I got tired of all the cable interface problems with KXPA not working and the
cursor not showing up on the PX3 if I took the KX3 portable (always a lot of
replugging and reseating cables to finally get it to work. )

I bought a KX2 for portable ops as a result.

I guess I’ve drunk too much Elecraft Koolaid because I keep looking at the K3s.
 To buy a fully outfitted K3s and P3 would set me back about $6k.  I am 99
percent a cw operator. Once I became proficient in CW several years ago, all
digital modes ceased to be of interest, as did SSB.

So with that background,  I would like someone with both the K3s and KX3 to
tell me what features the K3s has over the KX3 that would realistically make
that $6,000 purchase worth doing.

Thanks so much!

Terry, N7TB