Gary,

Well first thing I would check is whether 10-MHz is present at the K3 EXREF sma jack. If you have a freq counter check for correct freq. No counter then use a radio that can tune 10-MHz for presence of signal on correct freq.

Check for adequate reference level (I run 10mw which is more than adequate; probably will run with 3mw to 5mw). If you have no milliwatt meter then use an oscilloscope to measure RF voltage. Pav = Vrms^2/R or Vrms = 0.3535*Vp-p*probe multiplier.

From: http://www.ab4oj.com/test/pwrmeas.html
Pav = 10*10^-3 = 0.01 w , Vrms = sqrt(Pav*R) = 0.707v, Vp-p = 2,.828*Vrms = 2v

If you are using a 10x probe Vp-p = 0.2v; Be sure to measure voltage across 50-ohm load connected to the REF input.

If this is low or nonexistent try a different cable from the GPSDO. Also check 10-MHz output at the GPSDO.

My guess either you have no 10-MHz ref signal or its off frequency. If that is good then recheck configuration to enable EXREF. Still bad: then check internal coax from EXREF connector to syn board.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com