My K2 and my watt meter do not agree.  When I set the K2 power output at
5 watts I get almost 10 according to the external watt meter.  Setting
K2 power output at about 12 watts gives something between 15 and 20 out
on the external meter.  At settings above about 13 watts on the K2 knob,
I get the high current warning.

This is all driving a 1.2 : 1 or lower SWR, btw.

It leads me to believe the K2's power output is fine but it's ability to
measure and report it is off.

How accurate is the power output control knob supposed to be?  I don't
recall doing any calibration steps or alignment steps that affect that
part of the rig.

I have not (yet) measured voltage into a 50 ohm dummy load but am
seriously considering dragging the rig, PS, dummy load & cables into
work to have access to a scope.

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -