8-9 years back I made a beverage system,
it went over a marsh. One beverage was
800+' long & the other around 500', I had
the proper lengths at the time. I ran PVC
piping with a "T" at the top to run the
wire through to keep deer from hitting it
and to keep it off the Phragmites (swamp
reeds) below.

It was the worst antenna I have ever tried
to listen on. The dry reeds below rustling
in the wind caused so much static that the
noise level from it was more than all but
a handful of local signals. Took me weeks
to install and fight through the jungle of
reeds and I ended up taking them down
after a couple weeks of frustration. I
worked no DX with those Beverages. Sans
static from the reeds, they would have