Don and Bob,

The K2 and amp are both powered from the amp's supply.

I used a known good DVM to measure the voltage across R7, and it agrees with
old Beckman. I now think my old kit-built Ten Tec power meter may be badly out
of calibration. I have a dead LP-100 that is on its way back to Larry for
upgrade and calibration, so I'll just wait until it is back to finish
calibrating the KPA's power setting.

Here are what I measured and calculated at the approximate center of each band,
in cw, when the K2's LCD read 100W:

10M: .067V, 13.4A
12M: .049V, 9.8A
15M: .064V, 12.8A
17M: .065V, 13A
20M: .048V, 9.6A
30M: .056V, 11.2A
40M: .052V, 10.4A
60M: .056V, 11.2A
80M: .054V, 10.8A

The current seems to vary significantly between bands, but maybe that's normal?

Thanks again. 73,

Jim KO5V