I like the sound of this... Maybe a few more items
accessible directly from a switch (Rx antenna in/out,
filter settings, maybe a dual display so you can see
where VFO B is (and not make a fool of yourself in a
pileup)). Maybe a USB compatible port? Built in 4P
antenna switch... Ahh the mind boggles!!

*nudge nudge wink wink* I'm a buyer.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Funny you mention a K3.  I was thinking about it this
morning.  After
using the K2 for a bit I find my "need" for a K3 to be
less.  The K2
does pretty much all I need.  I have a lot of fun with
it as it is.  If
I want 100 watts I can add an option and I'm there.

But having a larger package, bigger knobs, real analog
s-meter, larger
display, less menus (add an encoder or two that can be
assigned to
control a few things) - these would be great changes.
So here's my
proposal for a K3.

Design a new display and control board that is larger
and provides
larger UI features.  Hook it up to the K2 RF board.
Mount it in a
somewhat larger case.  Voila, you have K3 - a base
version of the K2.
While you're at it, put a larger rear heat sink on the
100 watt PA and
have no fan.

These changes could be bought by K2 owners to allow a
K2 to be changed
into a K3.  Most of the existing options would be
swap-able between the
two versions of the rig.

Maybe this isn't a K3.  Maybe this is a K2-B (version
B for Base).

- Keith KD1E -
- K2 5411 -