New KAT500 owner here. I want to say thanks for the recent thread on the
situation one member had with the Autotune between SSB & CW. I drive my
KAT500 with an Icom IC-7300 and using the "Tune it in AUTO - Operate in
MAN" scenario works perfectly. It even remembers different tunes for
different antennas. I have a DXE 43' Vert for DX on 30 & 40M on ANT2 and a
dipole for 40 & 80M for local chats on ANT3. The more I use this tuner the
more impressed I am. I am presently waiting for a local ham to decide to
upgrade his second station from a KPA500 to a KPA1500, as I am in line for
that when he sells it.