From: "eric norris via Elecraft" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
To: "elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: 2018-12-04 05:39:56
Subject: [Elecraft] KPA fans in digital modes

I, too, use FAN2 for both the KPA500 and KPA1500 in digital modes. Both amps run considerably cooler and with less thermal variation. It would be great if the PF1 or PF2 keys on the KPA1500 could be used to toggle into a preset FAN2 (or choose your poison) when pounding away on digital modes like MSK144 for meteor scatter on 6m. I don't know if it would be possible to do something similar for one of the keys on the KPA500--perhaps the AUX band switch? For both amps I switch back to FAN NOR for casual CW use. For all of you out there with even a 3el beam and 100w on 6m, please try meteor scatter using MSK144--you can make contacts every day out to 1500km or more, even without a clear horizon. Schedules optional at the Ping Jockey website. It's a blast!
73 Eric WD6DBM

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Message delivered to k...@charter.net