I was on 80 meter CW last night on 3596 running a traffic net.  After the net I
received the following email.

"I was listening on 3936 this evening and since no one was on all I was hearing was the usual background noise. At 7 PM I started to hear a very chirpy CW signal of about S5 chirping in and out of my pass band of the TS 440s. Thinking it was some one close by me I started tuning but could not pick up a signal. Then thinking someone here in Skowhegan might be on the Pine Tree Net I tuned down there. And after a bit I discovered that the chirpy signal I was hearing seemed to be only when you were transmitting. Of course I could copy you fine on 3596, but couldn't really copy the chirp on 3936 to be exactly sure it was you. But it only showed up when you were sending. After you signed the net off I never heard it again. "

I thanked the sender and began investigating. Got out another transceiver, Ten Tec Pegasus, and disconnected its antenna. Listened to my K2/100 on 3596 and there I was 30 over S9. Scanned the rest of the 80 meter band and only found a couple of birdies from the Pegasus that were there without me transmitting. Nothing on 3936.

What am I missing?  Is there a better way to find any spurious signals?

One other factor, I recently put the KPA100 in an EC2 case and remoted it under
my desk.  May be just coincidence.

Ideas welcome.

73 de K1ESE
John