In my opinion, although it works great on 6m, where high-speed meteor
scatter techniques really shine (no pun intended) is when used on 2m and
1.25m bands.  There are frequently enough longer pings and burns on 6m
that SSB can be used effectively, especially during meteor showers.

Many new (and old!) hams aren't even aware of meteor scatter at all and
don't realise that it makes working real DX on all of the VHF bands a
routine, daily event.  Sure, you can't do it with a FM handheld and rubber
duck, but with a 100W or more and a reasonable single-yagi antenna, QSO's
in the 800-1000 mile range can be made year-round.

Perhaps a little off-topic for the Elecraft list-server, but always worth
mentioning!

73 Chris (pingjockey.net webmaster)

--
73 Chris Cox, N0UK, G4JEC