My dual-band inverted-V is 45 foot high at apex and 20-feet high at ends. Years ago read this would make a good NVIS antenna. Its a fan type dipole with about six inches spread at ends. 40m bandwidth is narrower than a separate dipole. I have the longer legs tuned for 3900 KHz so to work low end I use a tuner. It works well out to 800-1000 miles on 75m and farther on 40m.

The Marine HF SSB stations use 4125-KHz in AK as a calling and emergency frequency. A dipole is common for shore stations. Comm Sta Kodiak (USCG) uses this channel thru out AK.

73, Ed - KL7UW
  http://www.kl7uw.com
Dubus-NA Business mail:
dubus...@gmail.com