From my experience, more folks should pay attention to the antenna and balun work done by DJ0IP.    They would likely have better performing antennas.  His work is proven on antennas and not text book or computer models, but indeed he provides real world results.

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 12/9/2018 10:30 AM, CUTTER DAVID via Elecraft wrote:
In addition, Reg was designing in the era of valve output transmitters with
built-in pi-tank matching system, so, it was possible to match on different
bands.  I'm sure mine worked across 80 to 10m in those days.  For 80 to 10m
these days I use a off-centre-fed dipole with hybrid choke/transformer at the
feed point as designed by DJ0IP for minimum common mode current.
David G3UNA