On Thu, 25 May 2006 10:36:24 -0400, Darwin, Keith wrote:

>Any of you guys playing with hi-fi SSB with the K2?  What have you done
>to improve the quality of both RX and TX audio in this rig?

  This may sound trite, but I tried my "hi-fi" stereo headphones
  instead of my "communications" headphones.  Boy. what a
  difference!!  I suspect, though, that all it does is to allow
  more white noise and overtones to be heard.  My desk mike
  (Adonis 308) has switch settings for "SSB" and "FM" - same
  theory.

  The real constriction, though, has got to be the filters in
  the K2 (or any other rig).  With the channels that make up the
  60m phone band restricted to 2.8 kHz occupied bandwidth,  I
  will have to live with the 2.6 kHz KSB-1 mod.  (I'm one of the
  ARES/RACES gurus pushing for using 60m for statewide and region-wide
  comms - one of the several reasons that I got the K2.)  The extra 200
  Hz in audio bandwidth doesn't mean a thing.

  Just my two electrons.....

--
   73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
   Elecraft K2/100   5402