I’ve wondered the same thing here. While I don’t have the flashing lights that
Dennis  NJ6G does, I DO have a ton of other things plugged in to outlets in
this room.

Am I off in left field on this: if the amp were to run on a 220 circuit it
would obviously draw half the current, and thus (to my uneducated brain) less
current “might” mean less heat generated and a lower temperature inside the
unit. Does that make sense?

I had an estimate from a licensed electrician who said it would run me about
$600 to put a 220 outlet in the shack, due to it’s distance (and obstacles in
the way) from the electrical entry panel.

Kinda pricy, but eliminating some heat in the shack and keeping the KPA500 fans
running slower would be nice….

Jim / W6JHB