Just went through the setup for WSPR on 160M - 6M for my station, K3S, KAT500, etc.    I have the KAT500 in MAN mode and it switches bands correctly.  I didn't see any issues at 5 watts transmit.

Why is it re-tuning?   Are you operating the KAT500 in the AUTO mode?    Just go through each band  using the TUNE mode on the K3S and with the antenna of choice and allow the KAT500 to resolve a match for the specific WSPR frequency.  Then operate the KAT500 in MAN mode.

Performs as it should for me.

73

Bob, K4TAX