For doing this, what I do is go into the control panel for the audio input
device in Windows and check "Listen to this device", and then set the
output for listening to the PC's speakers.  Then if you want to hear your
transmitted signal, you can also turn on the MON function of the KX3.

They hid this control panel pretty well in later versions of Windows 10,
but you can access it quickly by running mmsys.cpl .

   Nick

--
*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it