I bought a used K3 and found that the lower right screw that holds the
KXV3t against the rear chassis had fallen out during shipping.  I took it
apart and found the lock washer and nut.  Figure 10 in the manual shows
that there should be a spacer attached to the KXV3.  The space is there on
the top left mounting hole, but not the lower right one.  There is no
evidence that it was ever one soldered to it. My concerns are

1) Is the space still somewhere in side the radio causing very bad things
when I power it up.

2) Without this spacer the KXV3 starts to flex if tightened to much an the
KXV3 may short against .the rear plate.  If not tightened enough it will
vibrate loose again.

Can anyone confirm that this spacer should have been on both mounting
wholes ?

Here is a link to pics of each mounting hole.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ANLmO2vBrPixiTQ

73
Mike Stokes
KK9V