Yes, to each his own.  As a retired engineer, I relished the day I could forego all of the planning, research, design + review cycles, quality assurance reviews, prototype testing, test reviews, program management reviews, customer reviews and feedback, and 250K miles/year on United Airlines.  I model antennas with EZNEC4, I'm old and endurance flags some before the trial antenna is up.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County