On 25 May 2006 at 15:51, G3XYS wrote:

> Today was like hearing the First Cuckoo in Spring (although we are
> into summer).  I heard on my local 2M repeater, for the first time
> ever, an amateur describing Elecraft, its K2, the support mechanisms
> and how everyone involved functions as a Team, to one of his friends,
> who I detected by the tone of his voice, was hesitant to take the
> plunge and build a K2.  If only there were 'Elmers' in the UK to
> assist and spread the good word of Elecraft to those amateurs who
> still want a challenge to build their own kit.  So, how many K2s, K1s
> and KX1 owners are there in the UK?  And are there other 'hot spots'
> in Europe?  Judging by the recent responses to the Elecraft Wish List,
> all suggestions seem to come from the US of A and very few other
> locations.  Can owners contribute to an open Owner's List?  I feel a
> MIS task coming on! Any info appreciated. (on or off line)

I think the answer to your question of how many Elecraft owners there
are in the UK is 'A LOT'. My article on the K2 in RadCom in March
2003 generated a lot of interest. In my own local club we have around
5 members who have one or other kit and I know quite a few more..

Look out for my K2 in WPX CW this weekend!

Oh, and as an aside, what has happened to this list these last couple
of days. Each day I am getting two digests of around 100k each, 3 or
4 times normal postings. Was Dayton really that good??

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com