A few comments. 180 degree radiators are almost always avoided as at high power
the base can literally be explosive. Theoretically 225 degrees would yield the
most radiation towards the horizon but presents two problems. The first (for
class A stations) is the secondary lobe that causes self interference skywave.
The second issue is self loading where the radiator is longer electrically than
it is physically. In such instance a 225 degree radiator is actually
electrically longer causing the main lobe to lift off the ground and break into
additional sidelobes. For that reason, class A stations opted for a compromise
height of about 195 to 200 degrees. This lowers the base impedance over 180
degrees while limiting secondary skywave lobes to an acceptable level and
staying in a safe area as far as self loading is concerned. Some class C
(former class IV) stations use 225 degree radiators, though.

Bandwidth is partially a function of the size of the tower face and also the
design of the matching network. The problem becomes challenging when radiators
get down around 60 degrees.

There are two directional class A stations I can think of - WBZ Boston and WWL
New Orleans. Both are very much alive and well and still quite successful.

Sent from my iPad