Keith, you should investigate the new DRAWS hat for the Raspberry Pi,
currently on offer from Northwest Digital Radio. Right now it's still in
the early days of release, but it's getting better and better, and they
plan on a complete micro workstation for digital operations. It has lots of
the features you would need.

It's not quite to the point of just plugging it into the left side of a
KX3, but that's probably something some enterprising engineer could cobble
up as an adapter, or a 3d printer project. I've got one of the boards, I've
just been waiting for the developer types to find all the flaws and figure
out all the additional bits necessary to make it truly complete before I
dive into it.

Besides, I'm in the middle of relearning my code, so I can use CW again! I
was a CW operator back in 2000, but I let it slide and haven't used it in a
long time. So I need to relearn it!

Here's the website. There's also a mailing list on groups.io if you need
more information.
http://nwdigitalradio.com/draws/

73,
Gwen NG3P