Weymouth Walker wrote:

Apparently there was more than a Gigabyte's worth of data transfer from my FTP site which had photos of my completed KXPD1-K2 module....

Lots of hits is usually a good thing  :)

Just to make sure there's no confusion: the paddle shown in Weymouth's photographs is heavily modified, and should not be confused with Elecraft's stock KXPD1. The KXPD1 uses a passive switching mechanism based on a stainless spring-steel lever and a silver contact wire. A photograph of the KXPD1, attached to the K2 adapter, can be seen at:

  http://www.elecraft.com/KX1/kxpd1k2.htm

Wey -- next time I run into you, let's see who can send a letter-perfect alphabet faster, using our respective versions of the paddle. I did it at 35 WPM at Dayton, with witnesses :)

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---