Good to know about Eneloops -- they're what I've got in my own KX3. I'll
keep track of how long I have 'em in the radio and replace 'em around 3
years.

But I use a Talentcell LiPo pack that gives 5, 9, and 12v. It's
lightweight, comes with a charger, and was intended to charge items that
take more power than a phone. It gives 6A at 12v with 8300 mAh. I keep it
external to the radio of course. I use a smaller one (12v at 3A)for my old
K2 since the old SLA battery died. I'm tempted to get their top-level
12v/11000mAh/6A pack for some longer endurance.  The 8300mAh and 11000mAh
packs also have 5v USB and 9v coaxial plugs, while the 6000mAh is only
12v/3A coaxial. The prices are all very reasonable, and the packs are
compact and have tough plastic cases with power switches and LED
indicators. With a Y-cable, I can plug in both the KX3 and the PX3, AND
have the charger plugged in to keep the battery topped off if the drain
isn't too severe. The switching wall wart chargers are even fairly quiet RF
wise, as far as I've been able to tell.

I DO have the NiMH pack for the KX3, and a couple of sets of Eneloops for
it, but I keep them charged up for emergencies.

6000mAh Talentcell for K2: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MF70BPU/ --
$30
8300mAh Talentcell for KX3/PX3:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01337QXMA/ -- $50