You must measure the batteries under load.  The no-load voltage is almost
meaningless.
You must use NiMH batteries in the KX3 if you are using the internal charger.
The best way to test them is to use an external battery charger built for RC
that accomodates NiMH chemistry, and can both charge and discharge multiple
cycles, and has a top-off low current cycle built in.  This will balance the
pack.  Take the batts out of the kx3, put them in an empty battery holder, and
run them through three charge/discharge cycles.  The charger will show their
true capacity.  Running several cycles will build up their capacity a bit.  I
use only Eneloops.  Regular NiMH batts can lose all their capacity in a few
days, and if you let them sit too long, they are ruined.  Eneloops can hold 80%
of their capacity for many months.
All batteries have a finite life.
I am sure others will disagree.  This is my (considerable) experience with
NiMH.  YMMV.
73 Eric WD6DBM

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android