Don,

Thank you.
Mark

On Jan 01, 2019, at 10:14 AM, Don Wilhelm <donw...@embarqmail.com> wrote:

Mark,

The assumption that "there is a way to use both radios at the same time" is the real base of the problem.

A lot depends on the power level you are running - the problem get worse as the power is increased.

If you can reduce the pickup on the antenna used by the non-transmitting radio, that will help a lot. A horizontal antenna on one and a vertical on the other radio may be sufficient at lower powers. Physical separation between the antennas will help as well, as well as good common mode chokes on the feedline - use one at each end of the feedline to choke off RF that is picked up on the non-transmit feedline.

If you do not have to listen to the non-transmit radio(s) during transmitting, the problem becomes one of only protecting the other radio(s) front end. There are devices to accomplish that, or you could simplify things by adding a relay that is activated to short the input of the non-transmit radio when transmitting by the other radio. That relay (or relays) can be activated by the transmitting radio's amp keying output.

As you can imagine, this can get complicated with only 2 radios, but you also mentioned the inclusion of SDRplay, which may mean more than 2 receivers, and the situation becomes even more complex.

73,
Don W3FPR