Hi Andy,

I suppose you could do this, but it might defeat part of the purpose of shrinking the paddle down to its small size and weight. I'd recommend balsa ;)

There's enough surface area on the bracket that you could drill a hole and mount it on something besides the K2 tilt stand. For example, it should be possible to use just the front half of the bracket as a mount for the K1 tilt stand. You'd have to drill one hole.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

Andrew Catanzaro wrote:

Does the KXPD1-K2 have enough of a foot print that holes could be made in it so that it could be screw-mounted on a hardwood board? When I'm running portable, I usually have my laptop in the center of the table, the K2 on the left, and my paddle on the right. By mounting the paddle on the distal end of a flat board, the weight of my wrist would hold the board and paddle down
without the weight normally associated with desk paddles. ...

---

http://www.elecraft.com