I always sell for a price and state that the buyer pays packing and shipping charges.   I don't recall ever loosing a sale due to those terms.   I use a commercial packing service and can always quote the packing and shipping charges once the destination is known.

In general I find USPS Priority is less expensive and faster than UPS ground or Fed-X ground.   I shipped my K3S to Elecraft via USPS Priority.  It took 3 days from the time I dropped it at the Post Office on a Wednesday and  was delivered on Friday.    Once repaired, it was shipped  to me via UPS ground which took 9 days, of which it sat in a UPS distribution center for 3 days.   I'm not bashing UPS, just stating the facts.

I sold my Collins 32S1 transmitter to a fellow in Australia.   He paid $425 for the item and the shipping and packing charges was $375, for a total of $800 USD.    Expensive transmitter!  But I guess he wanted it real bad.

73

Bob, K4TAX