Terry, welcome.  You'll love it.  Holler if we can help.

73, N4TVC, Randy, FM18is

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of McMillan, Terry
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 2:21 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Good Morning,

I seem so new to a lot of things this morning. I just ordered my K2 last
week and am still waiting it's arrival.  I can't wait to get started on the
kit.  Although not a big kit builder I did warm up with a couple of smaller
projects, a keyer and TinyTrak.  I love the idea of being able to build your
own radio and am looking forward to the building process as much or more
than the end product.  I still have fond memories of building Heath projects
with my father when I was a teenager want to pass this experience on to my
sons.

I'm still a relatively new ham, licensed in 2001, CW in 2002.  I passed Cw
at 5 wpm and have been relearning at 20 wpm so I have something I can use on
the air.  Have been playing in the VHF space for some time but this is
getting boring and want to get on HF, hence the K2.  Radio plays well into
my other interests, I volunteer in the local Search and Rescue group and
love camping and the outdoors with my family.  They say amateur radio is
dying but it has been the a most interesting hobby with so many facet and
I'm looking forward to opening new doors into the HF world with my K2.

Look forward to the Elecraft community and I hope I don't run into too much
trouble that I need your assistance, but it is nice to know its only an
email away.

Wish me luck

Terry McMillan (VA6MAC)
Calgary, AB  Canada