JR,

Another approach to help your friend is to buy and install an inexpensive,
simple mixer as he can clearly make use of it now.  You can still build a
mixer for the experience.  After taking whatever time is necessary for
designing, building, and debugging in your shop you can try it out at your
friend’s location for a “real world” evaluation by a real “end user”.  His
feedback may give you an opportunity to provide improvements to your design
or tailor it to his specific needs/desires.

Ken
WA2LBI

Ken
WA2LBI