I wanted to check out the K2/100 KAT100-1 to see if the stray RF LED was
somehow caused by something wrong in the equipment (more specifically the
KAT100).  I connected a MFJ 901B tuner between my Carolina Windom 80 and the
KAT100.  I went into the menu and put the KAT100 into ATU CAL (bypass) mode.  I
was able to tune the K2/100 into all bands at 100 watts through the MFJ and get
only the single leftmost LED indication on the KAT100.  The only exception was
17 meters where four LEDs lit up at resonance.  However, with the MFJ removed
and the KAT100 put back into the circuit (ATU AUTO) 17 meters displayed only
the leftmost LED.  This lets me know that the stray RF is caused by the antenna
or the ground or both.  In  every case when the LEDs go wild, the Bird meter
between the KPA100 and the KAT100 shows the SWR does not go off zero and
forward power is 100 watts.  The small amount of floating RF in the KAT100 LEDs
is not causing a problem.  So I do not believe a number of occasionally
flickering KAT100 LEDs necessarily indicates show stopping things are
happening.  And no, I do not believe this is caused by a parasitic.  I think
the Carolina Windom 80 (off center fed) antenna helps contribute to stray RF as
well as the second story shack with long ground.  I have already used a 23.4
foot counterpoise (with earth ground connected and disconnected)...did not make
17 meters any better. So bottom line is: stray RF is hard to tame, its not
caused by the Elecraft components, and you can live with a small amount of it.
 Roy Morris  W4WFB
Checked by AVG Free Edition.