Chuck
An not sure where the people answering your question are obtaining their
dis-information from.   In any case, the K3 does indeed have a 3 V lithium on
the main board.  It is used to power the clock, and it can last from 2 to 10
years.
It is a CR 2032 cell and is located  on the left front side on the RF board.
This information is on page 59 of the K3 assembly manual.  Additionally,  it is
also on page 54  BAT MIN in the Owner's Manual.
Replace the battery and you will be good to go.
Dick, K8ZTT
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 7:04, hawley, charles j jr<c-haw...@illinois.edu>
wrote:   Oh rats...an RTC battery warning would have been a plus.

Chuck KE9UW
c-haw...@illinois.edu

Sent from my iPad

Message delivered to richarddw1...@yahoo.com