You ought to be able to measure it by simply looking at the audio output with a scope. Just send some dits and look at how long it takes for the noise to reappear. You might have to use a noise source, or a low level carrier at a slightly different frequency.

Of course, with the AGC off and RF gain high enough to detect a weak signal, things are going to overload. I'd run the test first with a test signal which does not overload the receiver, and then one equivalent to a very strong signal. When actually listening to the radio with AGC off, of course, it is essential to use the audio clipper to prevent hearing damage. That may or may not affect recovery time.

73,
Scott K9MA