I have the 1.5K-FA. I like it. I am not heavily into contesting and I'm not a competitive DXer.

Yes, it's less expensive than the KPA1500. It also doesn't integrate as well with the K3. It doesn't control the K3's output power when switching between standby and operate. One needs to remember to do that, especially when switching into operate mode on the amp - massive overdrive isn't pretty and could damage the amplifier.

It doesn't remote as well as the KPA1500, either. It comes with a software control panel that runs on Windows. I use VNC to control the amp when operating remote.

Art
WA2LLN