On 2019-01-16 9:39 PM, j...@kk9a.com wrote:
I do not recall reading what transistor(s) it uses or know how loud
it is or what the IMD is.

The SPE 1.5 uses a single LDMOS device.  While it can produce 1500W
with sufficient drive, it starts to compress well before the 1000 W
level.  SPE's own test data supplied to the FCC showed very poor IMD
characteristics - what one would call a distortion generator - at
"full" power.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV