On Sunday 28 May 2006 20:05, DickandSandy wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am building K2 #5538.  All was going well until I got to the PLL upgrade
> kit.  By all the previous emails I have figured its an engineering change.
> My two questions are:
>
> 1.  Can I use solid wire to mount/connect the upgrade board to the RF board,
> vice the green stranded?
>
> 2.  Because there is no cladding on the front side, can I bend the wires
> around the edge of thethe board edge and make the board sit directly over
> the installation holes of the now defunct RP3?  This would preclude the
> board sitting flat on the RF board.  I dont' want to find later when I
> install a daughter board the extra height of the pll upgrade would get me
> into trouble.

  The instructions on page 49 instruct us to use a six inch length
of green hookup wire and remove the insulation.  The board is
shown mounted perpendicular to the RF board using the bare wire in
figure 6-14a.
 The only fly-in-the-ointment I had to troubleshoot in building
#4962 is that one of the wires was touching C87 - and that potential
problem is mentioned in the instructions.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962