Howard:

> On Jan 27, 2019, at 10:29 AM, Howard Sherer <h...@lehigh.edu> wrote:
>
> I have need to have a simple remote control of my KPA 500 for a few weeks.
> I would like to be able to remotely power up the amp. It will already be in
> the mode to power up in operate mode.
>
> I can only use an Iphone web interface to remotely power on the amp, no
> computers on either end. Any suggestions.
>
> I can do this with my RRC interface and K30, but this need if for another
> application.

The ’simplest’ approach would be to install the Remote Rig RC-1216H to connect
to the RS-232 connection of the KPA500 which provides a web interface to manage
the KPA500 including controlling power on/off and standby/operate.   You get
the same information that is available on the KPA500 front panel.  This is how
I control my KPA500 remotely.

See:  http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=1010
<http://www.remoterig.com/wp/?page_id=1010> . I also use one of these to
remotely control my Green Heron RT-21 rotator.

Ham Radio Outlet is a supplier for these devices.

Hope this helps,

Barry Baines, WD4ASW
(Currently in Roslindale, MA)