Chuck,

The solution is easy (in my mind). Just plug the TRS plug into the K3/K3S rear panel mic jack. That jack is a stereo type, but the ring is not connected to anything. No adapter required.

If you want to use the front panel 8 pin Foster jack, you will have to build you own adapter.

All microphones that are designed for computer (gaming) use have a TRS plug - but the tip and ring are wired together. That includes the much used CM500 headset and many others. Yes, when used with Heil adapters, they will not work because the ring is shorted to the shell. The Heil adapters are designed for mono plugs normally used on the Heil headsets.

73,
Don W3FPR