I have had the SPE 1.3k and now have the KPA1500. I drive them with a Flex 6600
and Anan 7000dle.

The issue I had with the SPE 1.3k was once you start pushing it past 1 KW out
the TX IMD starts to really get bad. This is due to the single LDMOS RF device
being pushed towards its limit. The other issue I had with the SPE is heat
dissipation on long SSB transmissions and digital transmissions. The fans would
ramp up very quickly and were more noise than I wanted in the shack. As it
heated up the power would drop off high to mid power.

The KPA1500 fans will still spin up faster with long transmissions or during
digital operation but the power supply unit can be located under the desk,
reducing some of the noise. Also the fan profile is such that they can be set
to have the PA deck turn off or be set to one of five levels. If the temp
increases past a certain point the fans will increase.

The other thing is the tuner on the KPA1500 is MUCH better than the SPE 1.3k.
The SPE amp would not tune my G5RV on 80. The KPA1500 tunes it, although on one
end of the band at reduced power (1200 watts). So the tuning range on the
KPA1500 is superior.

I'm happy I spent the additional money on the KPA1500.

Dave wo2x