Steve,

For portable ops from a fixed location, consider a multi-band (through use of
insulator links) resonant dipole.

High-performance antennas for camping and backpacking have been my principal
interest in ham radio for 50 years.  Upon request, I can send a pdf file that
describes a seven-band (40m to 10m) dipole that is easy and inexpensive to
make, and durable for frequent set-up and take-down. I have used it in one form
or another with great success for almost 40 years.

Mike / KK5F
DSW-20, -30, -40 1998
K1 #175 2000
KX2 #2211 2017