I had that happen once too many years ago with an Amphenol PL-259.  Since
then I make sure that they fit together before soldering!

John KK9A

Drew AF2Z wrote:

No, a bit paranoid perhaps but I disconnect the rig entirely, including
p/s cable. It's not too bad since I'm mostly a CW operator and don't
usually have a lot of other peripherals, SDR, computer, etc. connected
to the K3.

BTW, I don't trust the Amphenol name particularly after getting a bad
plug that wouldn't thread correctly (only realized after soldering the
thing on the coax and trying to use it. Arggh!). Amphenol is offshore
product now.

73,
Drew
AF2Z