Yup, I did specify "good", not "great" isolation for the Top Ten switches. I'm aware of their limitations. I agree that it's always desirable to have 70+ dB port-to-port isolation if you can get it (and afford it), but depending on the application it's certainly not always necessary. During the phase of my career when I was involved in cellular base station RF system design, in which performance was always balanced with cost (and guess which one won if push came to shove), I learned to do balanced designs that made sure no component was over-specified. This experience has carried through to my HF station design.

In my particular case, I'm switching TX bandpass filters that supplement the main BPF at the output of the radio to suppress harmonics and noise from the amplifier. There's a pair of the Top Ten 2-ways at the input and output ports of the TX BPF bank that lets me share a single bank of filters between two radios. The filter banks are switched by a 2X6 switch matrix at each end that has around 60 dB port-to-port isolation. The bandpass filters themselves have about 80 dB worst case adjacent band isolation, so assuming the I/O switches each have 60 dB or so of isolation, that's theoretically -120 dB leakage contributed by the selector switches. This leakage is thus about 40 dB down from the worst case BPF rejection, therefore negligible.Even if the total switch isolation were only 80dB, this would mean the additional power contributed from switch leakage would increase the total coupling (and therefore decrease the isolation) by only 3 dB. The 2-way switches are used to either enable the TX filter bank for the contest bands or bypass it for the WARC bands. So putting a 2-way switch with mediocre isolation on each I/O port of the selector switches has no effect on system performance in the contest bands. Actually, even though the whole network is wired with LMR-240 the coax shielding is probably the limiting factor for total station-to-station isolation anyhow. I agree that there are places where excellent isolation is required, and should be specified. Like you, I used to use a WX0B SixPak, but many years ago I replaced with a microHAM Double Ten switch, which has isolation similar to the 4O3A switch, for this reason.

As for VSWR effects, I've learned long ago that attempting to make complex RF systems involving filters and multiple switching points over the almost 4 octaves of the HF to 6 meter range look like 50 + j0 on every band is an essentially impossible endeavor. Fortunately, well-designed transmitters these days are not overly sensitive to moderate VSWR loads; as long as there's not a really bad mismatch somewhere in the system they should take normal mismatches in stride.

The OP was inquiring about switches that are suitable to switch multiple radios to one amplifier input, which implies that only one radio at a time will be active. For that the Top Ten switches are plenty good enough.

73...
Randy, W8FN