Hello everyone,

     I recently posted a message to the group that I would like to purchase
or build any Elecraft kits out there.  Don Wilhelm asked if I would be
interested in helping in some of the service work he had been doing.  I was
honored that Don would even ask me to help out.  I understand it is becoming
difficult for Don to do all the work sent his way.  We also see that it
takes at least three people to handle what Don has been doing for many
years.  After discussion with Don, I agreed to take on some of the service
load.

     I have been building and using Elecraft gear for at least 15 years.  I
presently have three K1's , my prized K2 #5000, a K3, P3, SP3, KAT500,
K-pod, and loads of smaller Elecraft stuff.   I have built nearly every kit
that Elecraft has offered.  I have been on the Elecraft Builders for Hire
list for many years.  My electronics kit building goes back to 1972 when I
built my Heathkit HW-16 as I waited for my Novice ticket to arrive.  I loved
it so much I have made a career of electronics.  For my day job, I work as
an electrical engineer at a company that designs and manufactures medical
laboratory instruments.   I installed and supervised a surface mount
production line there so surface mount construction does not scare me.  My
specialty is printed circuit board design.

     I have been found in the past at the Elecraft booth at the Orlando
Hamcation.  Prior to that some of us promoted Elecraft at our own tables at
hamfests around Florida.  If any of you have seen the K2 with the
transparent case, that is my handy work.  Just trying to promote the great
radios that Elecraft has made for us.

    So I am available, along with Alan and Dave, to service your Elecraft
products.  Don Wilhelm has agreed to help us with advice and direction when
needed.  Of course, I am more than willing to build any kits that you want
completed (or started.) You can contact me through any of the means below.
I promise honest work, modest fees, and that I will do my best to uphold the
superb reputation of Elecraft support.

Doug Shields  W4DAS

1450 SE 11th Street

Stuart, Florida  34996

w4...@comcast.net

Cell:  772-349-7820   I cannot answer my phone during working hours.  (8:30
AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Monday through Friday)  But please leave a message and
I will return your call as soon as I am able.

---