Floyd,

The USB cable that the W2 uses has an FTDI chip in it. I agree with you, it does sound like a driver issue. Since you've determined that your Comm port driver is installed,  It kinda sounds like you may not have an FTDI driver installed in your computer.

I had the same problem with WIN10 on my computer. I went to the FTDI download site and obtained and installed the latest FTDI Chip drivers. All is well now.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

73,

Jim w4jba