As a follow-up, I've either fixed the problem, or it's become a lot more (or
less?)
intermittent...

Twice, I re-touched all of the solder joints involved with the 160M option,
both on
the 160M board and the K2's RF board - it never helped. Tapping on the 160M
board's
mounting screw, or the left side panel at the rear 2d connector would cause the
band
to work.

J14 is a tall header that connects the 160M board to the K2. It is made up of
two
parts, and seems a bit fragile. I replaced it, and so far 160M has not failed
again.

Also, I had tightened the BNC antenna connector against the heat sink panel.
That was
apparently flexing the RF board. My guess is that J14 had an internal failure
because
of that, so I left the BNC loose on the heat sink panel.

We'll see if everything continues to function.

Again, thanks for the help! 73,

Jim KO5V