Thanks to all respondents. To clear up one point... "Migration," as per Elecraft, means to transfer whatever components in a K3 that will work to a K3S. In my case, just filters. I end up with a new K3S and the original K3, ie two radios. I have never operated SO2V in a contest. So, my curiosity is focused on which CW filter in the sub-receiver, if any, works best in the SO2V contest environment. With the K3, I have usually run with the 500cps filter, so I'm guessing there should be no significant difference when operating SO2V. But, I want(ed) to get a feel for this mode from others who have used it in contests. The Elecraft 400cps filter seems to be slightly preferable to the 500cps filter for reasons cited. Diversity is not an option here [limited antennas]. Again thanks.
...robert