From: "Peter Dougherty" <li...@w2irt.net>
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: 3/19/2019 8:59:17 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Sending AFSK RTTY

I haven't sent AFSK RTTY in almost 18 years so I'm not sure how I should set
my K3s up for it. I will be using it with DX Labs WinWarbler exclusively (I
don't do RTTY contesting, so no need to get it working with N1MM). I have
the radio setup for USB communication exclusively. Before this I had a
MicroKeyer-II and was sending FSK. Given the rise of FT8 I doubt I'll be
doing much RTTY anymore, but I still need to have it available just in case.

Using WinWarbler, I don't see any option to use a data mode for RTTY, just
LSB (again, we're talking AFSK now). Isn't there a data mode built into the
K3s for RTTY? Or is that just for FSK? Or is it a case of only using data
mode for one (and only one) data format? At the moment, I have the radio
using Data mode for FT8.

Sorry for the confusion-it's been three days of trying to find the right
settings for everything, with only very limited success. Thanks as always.