Correction:
unit's placement in the K2 IF is a better bet.. should be "Audio Path".

p.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of peter gerba
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 8:44 PM
To: Steven Pituch; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] Elecraft DSP vs Audio Filter?

I agree with Steve for the most part. It's going to be very hard to beat the
K2's design. I have a KAF2 and use it to take the high end hiss out of some
headphones. I don't think it's necessary for normal CW operation. I've had
some DSP in other radios. I don't like the way it sounds. Most CW OPs do a
great amount of filtering between their ears. I can't speak to K2 W/DSP and
SSB. If you're set on DSP, the unit's placement in the K2 IF is a better bet
than on some more expensive triple and quad conversion rigs. Placing DSP in
the best IF in one of those radios (if done properly) is very expensive. See
Racal and WJ receivers.. and I guess the new Icom 7800 and the hi end Yaseu
radios. Think about what those rigs cost and look what Wayne did with a
simple design.

pete, kn6bi

Hi Fred,
The K2 has one of the best IF sections around.  Because it is so good, it
does not need IF filtering. So they decided to make an AF DSP filter that

CLIP

http://www.eset.com