Modern screens last a long time and don't suffer nearly as much from burn-in. They can also be replaced.

Doug -- KJ0F

On 3/24/2019 10:58 PM, mrkgnthr--- via Elecraft wrote:
I keep seeing all the desires for a big color screen.  I have seen too many of
these color screens that have burn in and failure.  I like my nice yellow
screen that is always readable, and if damaged can be replaced for less than
the cost of a new radio.  I like a radio that I can pick up and carry without
straining my back.    I like the separate modules that can be upgraded.  The
price was a little steep, but every time I turn it on I smile and know it was
worth it

Mark.  WB7TLK

Sent from my iPad