Rich,

I suggest you download the K2ATOB instructions and look at the list of
changes shown there - there are several 'optional' parts that IMHO should be
included as part of the task.  In addition to the A to B changes, add the
PLL Temperature Stability mod and the Keying Waveshape mod - and while you
are at it, add the 2 diodes for the Strong Signal Handling addition (there
is no parts kit for this, just order 2 1N4148 diodes) - the mounting details
for the diodes is on page 59 of the K2 Rev F manual.

In addition, change the IF filter crystals on both the RF Board and the SSB
option and rewind T7 to the turns ratio indicated in the Rev F manual.
Check the resistors on the SSB option ALC area to see if the latest resistor
changes have been made.  While you have the SSB option crystals removed,
change the SSB filter capacitors to the newer values if you desire the wider
OP1 filter.

Last but not least, look it over carefully for any 'special purpose' mods
that the previous owner may have added and either remove them or satisfy
yourself that they are useful for your purposes.

Having done all that, you should have a K2 that performs up to the level of
the current shipped kits.  You may also want to optimize the AGC Threshold
for best reception (on the pre-SN3000 K2s this involves changing the fixed
resistor Control Board R1 (lower its value).

73,
Don W3FPR