If the FT8 program is running on a separate "loosely coupled" computer that is internal, I don't see a problem.

Doug --KJ0F

On 3/25/2019 3:59 PM, Fred Jensen wrote:
Ummm ... I think there are two issues here: The algorithms, coding, and modulation schemes for transmitting and receiving what has come to be known as FT8, and separately, the source code to implement all of that.  The second is subject to the terms of the GPL V3 license, the first would not seem to be.  So, all Elecraft would have to do is re-invent the WSPR-X FT8 their own proprietary way for whatever processor they use.  Just a few lines of code, should take about a week. :-)

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County